Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back At Home This Week(:

This week I have been back at home, getting caught up in school and recuperating from the TCHSSBC. I forgot how much basketball tournaments like State and Nationals will tire you!! Sadly, my team didn't do so great there, and the two games we lost (out of 4 games that we played) we could have won if we were more on top of our game. However, we did better than the guys our age, who went as a JV A and B team, and ended up having to play each other (How crazy is that?! The A team won, lol.). Even though we didn't do super great and take the championship, like I was hoping for, we took (I think) 5th place in the silver bracket, below our place from last year, the tournament was still fun. Several people on the team had birthdays around that three day time frame, so we went to the mall food court and brought cake and cookies to celebrate them all, and we had a party in the hotel on our last night there. We spent most of each day going to everyone's games, hanging out in the hallways, meeting new people, and reconnecting with old friends. Since I'm not going to Nationals with my team this year, and we just had our last game on Monday (we won...to the team that beat us in the first game of the tournament!!) the season is officially over for me (no more practices/games). I'm a little sad, because I have so many friends on the team, and I enjoy playing, but I'm somewhat relieved I can have a little down-time now. We have our end-of-year banquet coming up in April or May I believe (I think I made the quote of the year: "I stuck my butt out but she wasn't there!") and then we're done until summer clinics start. I'm going to practice a lot more this summer on my dribbling, and shooting, and maybe I can start next year (I'm a bit of a bench warmer mostly). This season has been great, and I can't wait until next year!

Leah, and Christa and I (:

Christa, Leah, Krista, Levi, Sam, and me hanging out in the third floor hallway on Friday evening.

wearing Ben's crazy glasses

My amazing coach, Janie!

Team photo after our last game :)

No comments: