Wednesday, February 17, 2010

State Tournament Coming Up :)

Tomorrow morning, I am leaving with my friend and her family for Dallas, and we're going to be competing in the state tournament again! Last February when we went, we took our white (B) team there (which I was on) and we placed very well. This year, we only have one team and a lot of great players who were on the maroon (A) team last year, so I'm hoping we'll do even better this time. I believe I heard (not sure if this is true, however) that we are seated at #2 in the bracket, or at least very high, so we have a chance of taking first place in the gold bracket (last year we took first place in the silver bracket). I'm so excited!
Last year, I stayed with my friend Christa and her dad for the few days we were there (Thursday-Saturday) and it was a blast, and we're doing the same thing again this year, which is great because we always have fun together when it's just us. Our first game is tomorrow evening, and I'm heading out tomorrow morning at about 9:30. The tournament is in Dallas, so that's about a 4 1/2 hour drive from where I live in Houston. Christa's parents can't take us in the morning though, so we're riding up with my friend Leah and her family. It's going to be so much fun! (Btw, it is all thanks to God that Leah is healthy right now and able to still go to State, because she got a concussion at Thursday's game last week. Thank goodness that she is feeling great though, because we need her.) We will be back by Saturday evening, hopefully with an award for our team or something(:  Wish us luck!
Other news: 1. Valentine's Day is over and we're happy because we were a bit sick of parties and boxes of paper cards with cartoon characters on them.  2.  Keaton's birthday is Sunday!!  I'm happy I will not miss it like I did last year due to the state tournament.  He'll be 9!!!  I can't believe it! :D
Have a good rest of the week!!
p.s. please do not forget to vote daily for my friends' band Midnight Adrenaline if you get the chance.  Thanks!

No comments: