Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Time Flies--(a poem about how quickly I think this year with Kenzie has passed, and the same for the rest of my life)

My, my, the time it flies...

Before you get the chance to recognize.

Who comes, who goes, who withers away, who grows.

What changes, new faces, same stories, new places.

My, my, the clock it ticks...

But we never seem to realize that every second that goes by

We often use to waste our time.

My, my, the days they pass...

Do we even know? That one day it could all be gone?

Then where would we be? The years they go in the blink of an eye.

So take the time to think. Take the time to love.

Take the time to share, and always be there.

Tell someone you care, spread a little joy.

Because if you don't, one day, you will regret

Every moment that you spent, in anger and in hate.

Hold a hand, give a hug, give your ear, be a shoulder to cry on.

People go quicker than they come, so before your time is through.

Make sure you remember how quickly time flies,

And what you know that you should do.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the new look! Thank you for your kind and thoughtful post....you are a caring young woman with a loving heart! Thanks again.

Tiffany

♥ Kayla ♥ said...

you're welcome! glad you like the new page :-)