Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another Trip To The Zoo :)

Since there isn't really much to do in Alto, Texas, we decided to drive over to Lufkin (about 30 minutes away) and take a trip to the Ellen Trout Zoo. It was awesome! The zoo here is much smaller than the Houston one, which is what we are used to, but in a lot of ways I think it's better. I think by now we've figured out Kenzie's favorite animal is a bird (why did it have to be a bird? I hate birds! LOL.) She also likes lions, and giraffes, and pretty much any other animal. It was great, because since it wasn't very crowded (most kids are in school) and it wasn't very big, my mom let Kenzie walk around instead of being stuck in her stroller. We saw alligators, a hippo, birds (many, many birds), giraffes (the zoo had a baby giraffe; he was 6ft 3 and 165 pounds at birth), snakes, monkies, and lots of other types of animals. The train (the zoo has a little train that you can ride around the zoo and the lake on) wasn't running today, though. Unfortunately, it only gives rides on weekends. But that didn't stop our fun. We took several great pics, which I will post when I can get them uploaded on my computer. Well...that's about all that I have new to post for now, so I'll talk to everyone later. Bye!

No comments: