Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Got'cha Day!!!!



And...
Today (September 16th) marks 1 year that we have had Kenzie. Wow!!! Hard to believe it's been that long...each of us (especially Kenzie, but everyone else in our family as well) have come so far in this year. We have gained so much since last September, in so many ways. As we live our lives day to day, I don't think we really think about what we're doing, how we're changing and growing, or how much we learn. But when you look back, it's just like, "Whoa...it seems like everything has happened in barely no time at all." The year has meant so much to all of us, and me in particular, and I can't imagine how different it would have been without having my little sis with me all this time. I can remember 2005, when we started her adoption prosess, I can remember when we got our DTC, LID, LOA, our referral and TA, and I can remember the day my plane landed in Beijing, and I walked outside the airport to board our bus that took us to the hotel, and I remember feeling like it was a dream and that any moment I would wake up and it would all disappear. Sometimes, it seems my life is a whirlwind of so many confusing, crazy things, and it still feels like that. But right now, I know that it's real, and I am thankful that the Great Lord has blessed me with such an amazing, joyful, beautiful, sometimes annoying, incredible little sister. I sometimes wonder where we would be without her, even though the wait was horrendous, if we had gotten a child sooner...where she would be and what kind of lifestyle she would be in if we hadn't come to get her. Some days I would trade my life for everything, but most days, I know that I wouldn't be the same without her, my family, my friends, or any of the things that I've had to go through in my life. And I know that the memories of China, and holding her for the 1st time and everything that I ever will experience with her (as well as the rest of my family) will be with me forever, and I can't wait to see what this next year brings, I know it will be even better. :-)

p.s. to all of the families in our Jiangxi group: Happy Got'cha Day!!! I hope you have been truly blessed with your little girls. I know we have. I miss everyone...I cannot believe it's been ONE WHOLE YEAR since we've all met and traveled to Nanchang to get our girls!!! I'll never forget the experience. Have a great year!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, one whole year just zipped by didn't it? Thanks for being so cool to hang out with in China. Erin and I are doing great and we have awesome video and photos of one year ago today, thanks to you! Wishing you guys all the best & hoping you all had a great day today! Michele & Erin

♥ Kayla ♥ said...

yeah it's amazing how the time flew by!!! happy anniversary to you too!!! i'm glad to hear that u and Erin are doing so great! as u can tell from my blog, so is my family and Kenzie. looking forward to another great year!!!