Tuesday, September 16, 2008

After Ike Update

Well, today is Tuesday...3 days after Ike hit Texas. We still have no power (we decided to drive up to my Grandparents' house in Alto, and that's where I am right now) but we do have water at my house. The hurricane hit us sometime around like 3 (I believe, but I didn't wake up until around 8 that Saturday morning, when we were getting the back end of it). There was no damage done to house (which, in my opinion, shows how much God is really watching over His children and is a true blessing). We had no trees fall (that were ours; just limbs and branches and pine needles), and if you have seen my yard, we have about a dozen or more pine trees in our front yard as well as two dogwoods, and a small tree (idk what kind...), and then about six pinetrees or so in the backyard, and another one or two smaller trees. AND WE DIDN'T LOSE ANY!!! What a miracle. However, the people who live across the street had two trees fall and one fell into our yard, but it landed at the front, and not even close to our house. The wind wasn't as bad as we thought and nothing got flooded. We don't really even have any water damage! Anyway, we plan on staying up here for a few days until our power comes back on (not really because of the no-a/c thing, [since there is a cold front in, it's only about 70 degrees outside and cooler at night], but because of the food situation.) Like all of our food from our refridgerator and freezer had gone bad, and the stores around us aren't really open. I mean, like the local HEB was open yesterday from 7 am-7 pm but the lines to get in the store were huge since they're only letting in a few people at a time, and what few gas stations are open, have excrucatingly long lines (like around the street, wrapping around the Wal*Mart parking lot, etc.) so here we are. Well, I guess I'm going to go ahead and go, I just thought I would let everybody know we're okay and thank you for keeping us as well as our family and friends in your prayers. Thanks. :-)

*Kayla*

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Praying for all of you....and Happy Anniversary!!

♥ Kayla ♥ said...

thanks, mrs. tiffany! we're doing great...can't believe it's been a year!!! same to u!