Thursday, March 18, 2010

*Groan* So, sadly, Spring Break is coming to an end this week, and school will have to start back up again on Monday. This week has been so effortless and fun for the most part that it's tiring and annoying to see it go and wind into regular school days again. Tomorrow we will be meeting my Grandparents halfway between each other to pick up Karli and Kylie. Let me just say that this week has been so relaxing and quiet without them, but I really do miss them a little, minus the noise and fighting, so it will be nice to have them come home. It feels so strange going to restaurants and only having a table needed to fit five people, or getting in the minivan and not having anyone need to sit in the back row. They seem to be having a blast at my Grandparents too, and when they talk to us every day on the phone they sound like they're having fun. They went and saw Percy Jackson at the movies, and went shopping a bit, and rode on the steam-engine train between Palestine and Rusk (Karli's first train ride). While they've been gone we (mom) has redone Kylie's room and she and I redid Kylie's dresser. We also spent all day today shopping and we had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. This weekend I might actually be going up to my Grandparents' for the day with my aunt and uncle, so that will be fun too. I'm also happy because this Saturday, the stores are putting New Moon on the shelves at 12:01 a.m. and my dad might take me to get a copy so we can then come home and watch it :) It was such a good movie, and I can't wait to get it on DVD. And, my dad and I are going to a Barlow Girl concert next week (the Love and War Tour) and Stellar Kart and VOTA will be there too, and I love all of those bands, and we have meet-and-greet passes so that will be great too! (Although I'm quite sad that I don't have Justin Bieber tickets for the Livestock Show and Rodeo this Sunday, where he will be performing in concert.) Today I just started reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and it is a great book, and a great movie too, so that will probably take up the rest of my spring break, at least until Saturday. Anyway, happy late St. Patty's Day, and join me in the misery as Spring Break comes to an end. I can only pray that summer will get here quicker, along with the weather we Texas people find ourselves easily enjoying and adapting to, unlike the cold weather we had a few weeks ago. (However, we have been having more "Springy" weather this week, and I have been able to wear shorts a few times and we were even able to go to the park without hoodies and sneakers.) Here's to Spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.