Tuesday, December 30, 2008

our trip to the doctor...

Yesterday we went to the doctor, for Kenzie's yearly check-up (because she just turned 2) and for Karli to get a check up now that she's home, plus I'm sick so I had to go too. (Let me say, it was quite an adventure having 3 kids see the doctor...we were there 2 hours.) Both the girls are pretty healthy. Kenzie has some fluid in her ears, but that's not that big of a deal, and she had to get a flu shot. She didn't even cry this time, with the exception of the shot, which is very good because she usually screams when we visit the doctor. For Karli, they were able to get a huge chunk of wax out of her ear (if I haven't told u already, we think that she doesn't really have a hearing problem, if so it's very minor, but that she just has a lot of wax build-up...yes I know, that is gross). She did very well for her first real doctor check-up (I don't consider the "medical exam" in China a doctor check-up, because they don't really do anything), and she only cried a little bit. The girls are a little over a pound apart in weight, Karli weighing more, and several inches apart in height (Karli's taller). I had to have a strep test and a flu test, but both turned out negative, and hopefully I should be better with whatever I have in a few days.

4 comments:

Jillian said...

I really admire what you guys are doing. You have an amazing love for your sister. Are u a christian?
_Jillian

♥ Kayla ♥ said...

yes I am.

Jillian said...

Awesome, I guess that means we're sisters LOL.

♥ Kayla ♥ said...

LOL yep we are :)