Friday, September 12, 2008

Hey everyone!  Right now, my dad and his friend Paul are working on boarding up our windows, and then they will go and board up his.  As of now Ike is a category 2 hurricane and it is supposed to hit us sometimes around 2 am tomorrow morning.  At least, that's when the eye is supposed to pass over.  The wind is already picking up a lot, and normally this time of year in Texas it would be burning up, but it's surprisingly cool and breezy.  I'm still thinking I probably would've rather evacuated than stick this one out (umm...hello?!  Who wants to be stuck without power for a few days?  Not me!!!) but we're doing good so far.  We have gas in our car tanks (even if we did have to wait forever in line at the gas station) we have food and supplies, such as batteries (although most stores are out of just about everything) and we're praying that we'll be okay.  It hasn't hit yet and Galveston Island has already began to flood.  Whoa!!!  My grandma is at our house, too, and she's going to tough it out here as well.  (Rather than her trailer, which is probably not the safest idea around.)  And my aunt will be coming over shortly.  (She lives in a town home next to a river, so...)  We are expecting a little flooding (which my street floods halfway into my yard during a normal thunderstorm), strong wind (like up to 80 mph or something!), and power outages.  :-(  Which means I may not be able to update my blog for a while...  Did I mention how much I HATE hurricane season?  Oh, well I do!!!!  Anyways...Hope to talk to you all soon!!!!

p.s. yesterday was 9/11 and it was so weird, it's like we didn't really hear anything about how it's been 7 years (can you believe it's been that long?!)  all we've heard about is Ike, Ike, Ike!  (What kind of name is Ike anyway?)  So I'd just like to remind everyone to take some time to remember the families and people that 9/11 affected.  :-(

No comments: